Earthen pots have been used for centuries to store and purify water in many parts of the world. This traditional practice ensures that water is free from harmful chemicals and has several health benefits. Drinking water stored in earthen pots can help improve digestion, increase metabolism, and boost immunity. The porous nature of clay helps cool down the water naturally, making it an ideal choice during summer.
Studies have shown that earthen pots can help balance the pH levels of water by neutralizing its acidity. Drinking alkaline water is believed to reduce inflammation in the body and prevent chronic diseases like arthritis, diabetes, and cancer. Earthen pots also retain the natural minerals in drinking water, which are essential for maintaining good health.
Besides being a healthier option than plastic or metal containers, earthen pots are also eco-friendly as they are made from natural materials and do not harm the environment. With so many benefits associated with drinking water from an earthen pot, it makes sense to switch back to this age-old tradition for better health and well-being.
Benefits of Taking water from the earthen pot
1. Keeps the water cool for longer: One of the main benefits of drinking water from an earthen pot is that it keeps the water cool for a longer period, even in hot weather. The porous nature of the clay allows air and moisture to pass through, which cools down the water stored inside.
2. Adds minerals to the water: Earthen pots are made up of natural clay, which is rich in minerals like calcium, magnesium, and iron. When you store water in these pots for a few hours, these minerals dissolve and make it healthier.
3. Balances pH levels: Water stored in plastic or metal containers can be slightly acidic or alkaline due to chemical reactions with the container material. But earthen pots have a neutral pH level that balances out acidity or alkalinity in tap or groundwater.
4. Reduces bacteria growth: The porous nature of earthen pots also makes them ideal for storing drinking water as they prevent bacterial growth by keeping it cool while allowing proper ventilation at all times.
5. Promotes digestion: Drinking earthen pot water can help promote digestion as it has a calming effect on your stomach lining and reduces acidity levels, thus promoting better digestion.
6. Boosts immunity: The trace minerals in earthen pot water help boost immunity by providing essential nutrients to your body that are important in maintaining overall health and well-being.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the benefits of drinking water from an earthen pot?
Firstly, it helps balance the body’s pH levels and aids digestion. Secondly, it is a natural coolant that helps regulate body temperature during the hot summer. Thirdly, clay pots are known to be alkaline in nature, which helps to neutralize the acid content of the water.
Can drinking water from an earthen pot help with skin problems?
Yes, drinking water stored in an earthen pot can help with certain skin problems like acne and pimples, as it has natural detoxifying properties that flush out toxins from the body. Additionally, clay pots also have anti-inflammatory properties, which may help reduce inflammation in the skin.
How long should I keep water inside a clay pot before consuming it?
A: It is best to keep water inside a clay pot for at least 3-4 hours before consuming it, as this allows for proper impurities filtration and enhances its taste. However, during extremely hot weather conditions or if you live in an area with a high prevalence of bacterial infections, changing the water every 24 hours is recommended to prevent contamination.
In conclusion, drinking water from an earthen pot is not only a traditional practice but has numerous health benefits. Earthen pots are made of porous clay and allow natural water filtration. The clay material is a natural filter for impurities, making the water safe for consumption. This makes it healthier than other stored or packaged drinking water forms.
In summary, switching to drinking water from earthen pots can improve overall health and well-being. As traditional practices continue to gain popularity worldwide, embracing this method could be one step towards leading a healthier lifestyle.