The Bon-Ton History

The Bon-Ton was founded in the year 1898. The company has been active for almost 121 years now. The founders of the company were Samuel Grumbacher and Max Grumbacher. Through WWI and the Roaring Twenties, the Grumbacher’s store chain grew bigger. The Bon-Ton was a popular store destination on the classic radio show Fibber McGee and Molly, which aired from 1935 to 1959. During the 1970s, as the popularity of shopping centres began to grow, The Bon-Ton opened 11 new stores in Pennsylvania and West Virginia. The 1980s formed a period of rapid consolidation in the retail department store industry as major chains bought their competitors. In 1994, The Bon-Ton purchased the 127-year-old Adam, Meldrum, and Anderson Company chain based in Buffalo, New York, for $42.6 million.

Also Read  New York & Company Corporate office Headquarters

The Bon-Ton Corporate Founder

Founder: Samuel Grumbacher
Max Grumbacher

The Bon-Ton Corporate Official Address

Address: 2801 East Market Street, York, PA 17402, United States

The Bon-Ton Corporate Contact Details