Fifth Third Bank History

Fifth Third Bank was founded in the year 1858. The organisation has been active for almost 160 years. The former name of the company was Bank of the Ohio Valley. In the year 1871, the bank was taken over by Third National Bank. Then in the year 1908, Third National Bank had amalgamated with Fifth National Bank and later formed the Fifth Third National Bank. The organisation had gone through several name changes, and finally, in the year 1969, the name of the organisation was fixed to be Fifth Third Bank. In the year 1994, the organisation was again acquired by Cumberland Federal Bancorp, for about $149 million. The following year, about 12 branches of the PNC Financial Services were taken over by the organisation. Then in the year 1998, the company had acquired W Layman Case & Company. This was followed by the acquisition of Enterprise Federal Bancorp, for about $96.3 million.

Also Read  Ben Bridge Corporate office Headquarters

Fifth Third Bank Corporate Founder

Founder: William W. Scarborough

Fifth Third Bank Corporate Official Address

Address: 38 Fountain Square Plaza, Cincinnati, OH 45202, US

Fifth Third Bank Corporate Contact Details

  • Phone Number: +1 513-579-5203
  • Fax Number: N/A
  • Email: N/A